18.2.10

letters are my favourite & my best...

this obsession is a direct result of a childhood surrounded by paints, letters, drawings, newspapers, artwork, brushes & no limits.......
i cannot get enough of letters & numbers: on buildings, old lists, my kids drawings, the Gaurdian, signage, labels......all of them intrigue me.......
my collection of images is growing.......

i have just finished some patchwork cushions using images of letters i collected in the south of france- my story cushions.........i'll share them here after i have finished savouring them a little longer on my own...

one day i plan to take my incredibly cool new slr digital camera {the canon eos 450D- had to mention it in here somewhere :)}...on a bit of a 'road trip' round the north of england, photographing the amazing & old 'signage' on the buildings, & shopfronts, street signs & houses that lie forgotten in the villages  & towns we pass.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...