22.4.10

...photo number 6...


...my lovely blogging friend Anna who writes a gorgoeus blog about her loves & the things she finds beautiful in the world...has asked me to join in a blog game...

{you can visit the lovely anna at http://lonadeanna.blogspot.com/}
.....
...although i still consider myself a relative newcomer to the world of blogging...
...i really love it...it's my little moment with people, who like me... want to share... moments in life...thoughts...images...
...it connects people around the world & i really like that... 

...i have been asked by Anna to select the sixth photo i ever uploaded onto my blog...
...& to...think about it & talk about it ....again...
.
...& i am very happy about that...
...as this photo is about a special time that i shared with my son...Sol...

...so here is photo number 6...

...this was our christmas chandelier...
...it hangs over a beautiful sandstone fireplace in our sitting room...
...its a lovely room for well...just sitting...

...there is no television, no stereo, no ipod, no phone...just books, magazines & newspapers...
...& big huge compfy couches to either read on, or in winter, fire watch in...
...& it has a wall of bay windows in it, looking out to our front garden...

...anyway back to the made by hand chandelier...
...christmas decorations are big...no actually huge in our house...
...lots are bought...but many are made by hand...
...these white paper star flowers have always been something that only sol & i have made together...


...lots of boys i imagine lose an interest in craft-based things after a while...
... i know for sol, its hard to sit still & draw, or glue things together with his sisters... whilst it's daylight & there's a football to kick in the garden...
...but for some reason these particular decorations have taken his fancy & we have sat together the last few years & created piles of them...from white paper or gorgeous sheets of paper i used to buy from a beautiful shop in the back of Manly in Sydney...

... the post i uploaded these onto includes the 'way to make them'...& many friends also made christmas chandeliers using them...
...it's basically a branch from the garden...at home a gum tree...here in england some gorgeous flowering thing that i absolutely do not know the name of!...
...hung from 2 hooks on the ceiling in a special spot...& it is left up all year...

...as the seasons change & different times of year bring different holidays we change the colour of the baubles...
...but we always leave up sol's paper star flowers...



i'd like to ask these lovely ladies to choose the 6th photo that they uploaded onto their blogs
...& to do a special post remembering it a second time for us all...
...especially for those who may not have been there the first time around...

...xx...







...big thankyou gals...

3 comments:

  1. Melissa! Thank you so much for choosing me! I am truly honored as I am also pretty new to this whole blogging world! Ok..one silly question...I'm assuming I post my 6th photo on my own blog? And next silly question... usually I post only 1 photo per blog..but as chance would have it on that day I posted 2! I guess I"ll just post the first of the two....thank you again and I love your Christmas chandelier!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for choosing me too. Although I blog for myself, having someone pop by makes me feel less lonely. The 6th pic I posted was not my own photo, so I'm posting the sixth photo on my blog I took myself. It's really cool to have ideas for posts as well. I only ever want to blog when I'm angry, but refuse to as I don't want my blog to be negative, tho I suppose the odd gloomy post doesn't hurt too much otherwise I may appear to be fake. I digress - but I have to tell you, I have never met a gloomy antipodean. It's the climate you grow up in,I reckon. I hope for you, that the snow goes someway towards making up for the cold, damp, dreary days x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely 6th photo Melissa! So wonderful that it is a reminder of such a special time with your son:) thank you for sharing:) Wishing you a wonderful weekend ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...