28.7.11

re-discovering our beach life...

morning lovelies...
i can't tell you how much your messages yesterday made me smile...
ok...there were a few tears in there too...well maybe more than a few...
i feel like i've fallen back into the open arms of dear bloggy friends...
without judgement...question...comment...just friendship & support...
i write here for myself...to recognise my thoughts...to record our times as a family living abroad...
BUT...
you all have been the most delightful, blessed, wonderful extra to this...
i truly can't tell you how much all your words mean to me...
& i value these on-line friendships more than you could know...
from Ritchie & I thankyou for recognising this friendship with your thoughts here...

returning home to the beaches of beautiful sydney was like a hug...
it's what i know...
it's where we are from...
it's the beginning of our kiddos...our little family...
so many memories came flooding back...
it was a blessing to be there, to be hit with the salty smell of the surf...
it was lovely to return to the beach boardwalk where i have pushed three beautiful babies in prams endlessly over the years...
to see sydney in winter at it's best...
yep...guys this is winter!!
does it get any better!!??


the hours we slipped away & spent re-discovering our beach life was lovely...
we all fell in love with sandy feet & salty skin all over again...
of course, three years in the english countryside has toughened our crew up to deal with the cold in a way that most Manly locals wouldn't understand...
we didn't...
but once you've swam in Scotland in spring...this is a piece of gorgeous cake!
so...in they all went...
no wetties...just boardies & bikinis...
their uncle wore a full length steamer...piker...
he needs to be thrown off a wharf in Scotland!
as i said...guys...this is winter...


so...sydney was a time to re-connect with family...
with memories...
with favourite *moments* of our other life...
our beach life...
hibiscus...
sydney buildings...
salty air...
good coffee...
life on the other side of the planet...
the life that makes up the other part of us...



it feels really good, really *right*,  to be back here writing again
i was struggling with the *reasons* for blogging after such an emotional difficult few weeks
but your thoughts & words have me back on track
i need you guys
you make me smile
thanks for still being there for me
xox

melissa 

18 comments:

  1. Glad you are back. Love your Manly pics. Looks like all is going better for you, which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog, and read the last few posts, I am so sorry about your families loss. I lost my Mum a few years ago, so i understand where you're at.
    I'm so happy to have found your blog though, we are living quite similar kind of lives at the moment... I'm Australian, living in Belgium with our two kidlets, and I have lots of little handmade dreams too ;) I will be following your beautiful blog from across the channel!
    X Rhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you darling girl. So much to process in such trying circumstances. I am so relieved you're back *here*. Life without my regular fix of you just isn't the same. Oh, and I'm delighted to see Rhi is now following you - she's such a treasure. Sending you the hugest Hobart ♥ tonight. J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs M... landing on home soil, I always do a deep exhale, followed by a smile and then a tear. Like Dorothy always says 'there's no place like home'... no words ring more true. Especially during sad times! I also have that feeling about Sydney. My paradise. A place I met, fell in love and found myself. When I left Australia, I was cleansed... The hubby and I are planning our trip back there in two years... It will be an emotional one! You never know, we might get to share a cuppa, with the sand between our toes! Oh, and as for this blogging malarkey... I look at it as therapy... I'm on the couch, spilling my heart out while all you guys listen! Take care hon! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back, sweetie :) glad you got some ocean time. everytime i see that water, it feels like home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back. I am "at home" right now for a break from our island life and I identify with what you wrote here. Being a part of two places is such a new feeling to me and appreciate your take on it. I hope that you guys continue to feel supported and loved in all areas of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. nothing better then the comfort of what is familiar to us and brings with it loving memories. welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely and moving post, thanks for such beautiful writing and gorgeous photos xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa I'm so sorry for your, and your family's great loss. You have a very lucky husband to have you to take such great care of him at such a terrible time. It's wonderful that you were able to all fly home to be together at that time. Sending you all much love and many hugs. You sure have been missed. Great to have you back xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make me want to hop on a plane to Sydney right now! Beautiful pictures and discription of your homeland. I'm glad it was there to comfort you even though you had returned under difficult circumstances.
    Thanks for you sweet comments on my blog yesterday! It has been so great getting to know you through blogging. And the comment about the american voice was funny. I never thought about that. Now I'm wanting to hear your australian voice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very sorry for the loss of such a wonderful man...the hope that you have though is left behind in your beautiful children....that much is true, all he taught them, all he dreamed for them, the life that is yet to be lived, that can all still happen. and that lovely man, will smile down on all of you for the rest of your days here on earth and he will be beaming with pride on all that you do to make him proud....much love to ALL of you in your time of pain.....
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you're back Melissa. Your writing and photos are always filled with warmth and beauty, and I completely understand that sometimes, blogging is not easy - especially when your blog is about happy moments and beautiful things, not sadness.

    I've always thought your photos have an incredible tinge of melancholy to them. I don't know how you do that, but they're filled with emotion, or maybe they just strike an emotional chord with me.

    Take it easy sweet girl. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love you
    and so glad that
    you are back on
    whatever terms
    feel right for YOU.
    I am at my parent's
    and can so relate to
    being somewhere that
    feels a big part of
    you. Just got back
    from three lovely days
    at the beach {no internet
    there} and for me, as
    well, that salt air
    is just a balm to my
    spirit. Be gentle with
    yourself as you ease back
    to a new normal, my friend.
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooooo lovely to hear from you again! Nice to hear you enjoyed home moments amongst the sadness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great to have you back Melissa! What a welcome home...sunshine, flowers and fresh salt air. All good things to help cleanse the soul. Keep looking after yourself and your family. Sending you lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Melissa, life moves in mysterious ways. We fall, sometimes very suddenly, from those wonderful ups to heart wrenching downs... I hope the happy memories of a wonderful man win out over the feelings of sadness and loss very soon.... and you and your lovely family can reach the happy highs on the roller coaster of life once again... hugs.. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just came across your great blog and I look forward to popping by again for some more inspiration! I've just put the finished touches on my new blog ‘Coastal Style’ It will have lots of inspiration on beach houses, resortwear, summer food, travel and anything ‘beachy’. I had a lot of fun putting it together so maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
    http://coastal-style.blogspot.com/
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...