2.8.11

a virtual coffee in france....

g'day....
i know this is a coffee catchup...
but the sun is out & i'm wishing we were in a little french town i looove...
not for coffee...but for the afternoon...
lunching on mussels...
sharing a bottle of french wine...
legs in the sun...
sandals kicked to one side...
want to join me?
we can do coffee's later as we head towards the beach...


so...it's virtual french dining in a humble seaside cafe today...
sounds like heaven non!
drink up...slurp up that mussel broth & tell me how your week's been?
holidays at your end?
reading any great summer books?
i'm feeling a little more myself this week...
having the kiddos home constantly on the go is helping no doubt...
still...there are moments when i think i'd feel so much better just losing myself for a while in a french village....


if we were really having a lunch together...speaking broken school book french...
i'd be wearing my new summer sandals...
they make me feel all from another time...
they make me want to sit ankles in the sun...pouring wine with friends...
funny how shoes bought in england on an overcast, muggy summers day can transport me to another climate...another place where we can just sit & ponder our day together...


and then after we've had that gorgeous french pot of seafood, finished our vino & gathered the kids...
we'll be lovely *yes*mums...*oui oui mama's*...& buy the gang an icecream & head down to the beach with them all in tow...
happy days...


what do you think?
let's take our virtual coffee's to a french beach together...
let's just hang out & put our faces in the sun...
plan our brocante hop for the afternoon...
organise how we fill my people mover with french chippy chairs that the husbands will thank us for...
a bbq always tastes better when sitting on chippy french garden chairs- i promise!


and then we could head out for a little french culture...
you know give the kids something to tell their teachers about ;)....
an old monastry...in a village...near the seaside in france...
sounds like heaven...
i'll collect you after i sort out the car...the kids...the washing...the cat...the husband...& the villa....


happy days people...
very happy french chippy, legs-in-the-sun kinda day....
what time will i swing past for you....

xox

~~~
check out some more nattering over coffees at amy's *here*


14 comments:

  1. That sounds lovely, when do we leave?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take my coffee at a French cafe or on a French beach with you any day! I loved this little journey to France, and especially the pictures! I've never been anywhere far from the U.S., just across the continent and back and a trip to Mexico. France would be a dream come true!
    Bon Nuit! (I took French in H.S. but can't remember much! I think that means Good night...lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A french beach..please yes!
    Lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mais, oui-- I would love to join you on the beach in a little French seaside village. Sounds lovely. Although my French is quite rusty (J'ai perdue beaucoup). The mussels sound divine, and the wine, too-- I'll bring a baguette-- it would be great along with that. Love your new shoes! And their ability to take you to fantasy land. Years ago, I did a summer study in France-- and on the southern beaches (near Basque country), there were guys walking around calling, "Beignets apricots" (apricot filled donuts). Some of of my friends sunbathed topless, but I was too chicken. Don't think I'd go topless now with the kids around. Thanks so much for the coffee/mussels,/wine/ beach trip/virtual fantasy!! It was a fun escape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - Sound glorious. That is my dream day...especially today. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un cafe in Paris? I'm totally in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ow what a sweet day you and me together in France...just what i needed the most right now darling....love love love Ria...xxx....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ready when you are... gxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaah, toes in the sun and a french coffee is just what I needed to shake this flu...joys of being a primary school teacher - constant close contact with germs! Thanks for the outing gorgeous lady xx. P.S. Can you leave me those sandals in your will? Too chic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. On y va! Let's go! This sounds like my perfect day. x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that realistically we might need to take a couple of trips. The people mover would be full in no time at all with all our treasures, and it would be so hard to leave things behind. Not that my husband will remotely thank me for any more chippy chairs, but I'm sure I can smooth him over. I can be ready in no time at all, and I travel light, I promise! Coffee, wine, sunshine and brocante. Sounds absolutely perfect.
    P.S I need a couple of those English stripy deck chairs too please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto to Amanda's comment. Let's get out our diaries, Miss Melissa! J x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...