3.7.13

Virtual Coffee {live}



*Virtual Coffee* with a side order of big fat ol'fluffy American pancakes...

Cause that's how we roll on the holidays....

No school and no schedule if we can help it! 

This coffee get-together, at my little beach house girls, is dress code PJ's only....{that is, for those unfamiliar with the term, the pajamas you slept in last night!}...no fancy winter gear here today, no new scarf-hat combo...and nothing but a knot-of-hair-on-the-top-of-your-head-kinda-hairstyle and a pair of slippers on your feet!

OK- looking HOT...let's talk....


If we were really meeting today for a *catch-up-coffee-fix*... I would tell you that there is nothing...truly nothing like school holidays!
It comes in many forms, doesn't it! 

There's the total chaos messy, mad, manic side of it- that I embrace, as I have to!
Then there's the total chaos creative, lovely, all-over-the-place-I-adore-my-kiddos-home-with-me-side of it that I embrace, purely because I feel totally blessed to have them!

Do you feel like that?


If we were really meeting to compare notes, the week and all things home and heart...
I'd ask you if you're a planner, or a winger {as in *Do you wing it*} on the school hols?

Summer holidays are the time, across the globe it seems, according to my friends far and wide, that we mama's like to make endless holiday *lists* and plans....and I am all for a list!

I end each day with a good list, that may start on the back of my hand {don't you dare write on the back of your hand my three if you ever read this- it looks terrible and I'm sure your Grandmother will tell you, it leads to lead poisoning of some sort- and now I'm a mother- I know she's right...just saying...}

So...my list starts on the back of my hand, migrates to my snazzy notebook app on my iphone and then eventually gets transferred late at night onto a good old standard notebook next to my bed, ready for the next day!

If we were really sharing a coffee, I'd ask you how you contain all this note making as a Mother, I'd probably pour you a second cup-as I feel this is a long, important, we-are-the-CEO's-of-a-very-special- very-precious-organisation kind of question...

We'd probably even add a good whallop of sugar to the mug for this one- or maybe it's just me!?
Anyway...getting back on track, away from the kids and onto us...


If we were really meeting for a virtual coffee, I'd make you the biggest, fluffiest, American pancake with a coastal twist you've ever had....

There would be bananas, there would be limes {from our garden tree no less...x} and there would be golden syrup...not maple...golden!

It's an Aussie thing...although in saying this- I'm sure I'll field many a text message from my girlfriends along the coast here asking me "what the...?".

Trust me people....it hits the fluffy-limey-syrupy-sugary-perfect-pancake spot!

Anyway- it's what you'd be handed...on a lovely English vintage plate, that cost me nothing but that means the world to me in terms of memories....

All good here sweet friends...


If we were really sharing a coffee and probably too many of those syrupy-blah-blah-calorie-laden-fabulous pancakes...you may well note that I'm in jammies and my apron!?

It's a thing I have going- old fashioned as it may seem to many of you! 
I embrace the apron- in fact I'd love to put my kids into an apron for most meals- sure it would make for less washing...
I really think we should all bring back the apron- I have, at last count, at least a dozen...full aprons and the a few very cool, we-have-company-half-aprons that are simple, black or french linen beige and long - very restaurant cool...you know the ones.


So...if we were really meeting for a coffee fix and a fabulous pancake, in our jammies no less, I would like to think you'd throw one of my aprons on...just to humour me....

I always like to send you all home with something from our *Virtual Coffee* catch ups, as those of you who have been sharing them with me for a few years now know...so I'm thinking today - if you put the old-fashined-bringing-it-back-new-cool-apron on for our catchup...then it's yours...throw it in your bag...take it home and think of us...
Wear it once a week here....be opinionated...share it all....


If we were really meeting for our weekly *Virtual Coffee*...I would also say thank you....
It's sooooo lovely to be back here....it's truly, really, absolutely lovely to be back here with you curled up on the pink chair, as it's always been...and me smiling at you...

Just from here on in...together... we'll now share it on the beaches of Australia and no longer in the English countryside...
Same time next week- jammies on, as we'll still be in school holiday mode....


Thank you . Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Thank you for being here in our little beach house...

If you haven't quite finished your mug of chai, tea, coffee of hotto chocco...please head over to my sweet friend Amy's , where a *Virtual Coffee* is a first began....her front porch is heaven to sit...

Hugs
Melissa
x


8 comments:

  1. Those pancakes do look good, and yes, we like ours over here with golden syrup too. Will happily don an apron. Think I'd look quite good in a long black one. Have a better chance of covering the pancake tummy with one of those I think (and that's pancake as in having eaten one too many, certainly not in 'flat as'- oh I wish). You're ahead of us for school holidays. One breaks up this Friday, and the other not until the following week. And though I too have endless lists, there is nothing much planned. We'll be rolling with it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo pleased you are back blogging! Welcome. And as for no schedule - I am counting down to Friday when my kids break up. I am worn out!! Time to chill. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right...the pancakes were too much for me to handle!! :) No sugar, no dairy, no grains, no alcohol for 30 days!! I wouldn't be much fun to invite anywhere, but I would still come hang out in your fabulous beachhouse and watch everyone else eat yummy pancakes :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh my girls are going to make pancakes for lunch today! They are going to try and make an orange sauce to go on top, sounds rather lovely. I can't eat them myself due to being gluten free, but I still enjoy flipping them over. I always did enjoy the holidays too. Now with them all home everyday I think I get it every week. I adore the time I have with my girls!

    I do hope you get some nice lie ins and restful times during the day as well. I am sure you will have such fun with your kiddos. Hope the weather is mostly fine, it's so much easier when it is don't you think? But then you can't beat a movie during the day in the rain either. Curtains closed and snuggly with the heater on. Do enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds delish! i would love to come sit with you and eat pancakes, drink coffee and have a real chat while the kids played and explored together. ahhh.... dreaming! i am not much of a planner but definitely a winger-- which is something i regret, quite often really, when i don't have a bit of a plan : ) our first 3 weeks of summer vacation were a bit planned with camps and vacation bible school but now we are totally winging it...which can be really good and a bit overwhelming. thanks so much for coffee, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, how I've missed these chats, Miss! It's like you never left. Splendid. J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. One day I am gonna show up on your doorstep just in time for coffee and pancakes! You wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made a date loaf and when I finished and looked around at the mess I thought 'shoulda worn an apron!' ha ha. Enjoy those pancakes xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...