30.3.10

a sunny, sandy monday morning...in the rain...

...monday morning jobs....house tidied...kids sports gear washed...library books found...beginning-of-the-week getting organised stuff...
...stuff you need to do after a weekend of cambridge cousins & loong talks into the wee hours of the morning...& too much good food & big glasses of wine....

....normal monday morning 'stuff'...

...after a monday morning 'rainy' walk through the village with the big ol' grey sky sitting on my shoulders, i came home to the washing baskets to sort & some cushions to make...& as i stepped over the mail piled inside the front door i spotted it...

...ahhh my moment of sunshine & sand...right there on my door step...waiting to be loved with a cup o'tea & my feet up...whats a beach girl from sydney to do when there's baskets of washing to be sorted & then she spots a moment of home on her doorstep amongst the brochures & bills...


...my gorgeous giveaway from the lovely sarah at 'a beach cottage'...


...i sort of feel like sarah is the british friend gone beach gal that i would have met if we'd stayed home in oz..
...her blog is soo much like my life in sydney in soo many ways...
...& it's nice to pop over & have a moment in it whenever i can, esp in the rain!...


...so smiling at my lovely brown package all tied up with string...
...& the oh so special cut out map of home sarah had attached to the top...& we know how much i loove maps...


...i ignored the washing baskets, the brochures & the bills...
...made myself a tea & devoured one of my favourite & my best, {& not to be got in england} magazines...
...australia's country style magazine...

 

...big hugs & thankyou's sarah as you gave one sydney gal a sunny, sandy monday in the rain...
...& being a british beach gal in oz she knows just what this is worth...
xxx

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastically wrapped package! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent nearly two years in England in my 20's and I remember that longing for home in small ways too. Getting news was harder then and any Aussie news was in a tiny corner of a newspaper. My sister came over while I was away and bought me packets of white Freddo Frogs and Cherry Ripes.Oh boy!!
    I hope you are still enjoying your magazine!!! What a perfect prize and for the right person!
    Thank you for dropping in!
    Things have been very out of control for me lately and I hope to be more organised from now on...at least I will try to have more regular blog posts.
    ps...if it makes you feel any better its a dull day here in Melbourne today, it rained cats and dogs yesterday :)
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...