13.4.10

...thoughts & kids....

...i have a fellow blogging 'soul'...i don't know her that well yet, but i feel our lives, the way we spend our time with our families, is in a similar way...
...she lives in Normandy, France with four teenage children in , i imagine, a lovely way...a lovely life...


...i am not there yet, in terms of teenage day-to-day living- our eldest, is Sharons youngest...& yet it got me to thinking...

...yes more thinking...

...how do we raise our kids to be independent & carefree, wild at times & enthusiastic for life & travel...
...yet keep them grounded & 'on track'?...
...how do we raise children from reliant happy toddlers into wonderful, caring, aware adults...without taking away all their 'rites of passage'?...


...read Sharon's thoughts for yesterday april 11th, in her blog http://myfrenchcountryhome.blogspot.com/

...i know i have friends with big thoughts on raising kids- & perhaps there is a running train of thought no matter what part of the world we are all from...


...as sharon asked- i'm asking -what are your thoughts as parents...as friends of people with children...as aunts?...

...as women, i think we have a very big dual role to play...we are our daughters role models for as long as it lasts {!!} and for our sons, we are the first women they really love...

...it's complicated...life...& thats why at times it's so lovely to just go paint a table, sew a cushion or just hang some bunting...these are our moments, as parents, to just do something that is really nothing...


...if you've thought of leaving a comment...a thought about something...nows the post to do it...

...& leave one on sharons too...as this is food for thought for us all... who love our kids...



8 comments:

  1. You just do the best you can, then patiently wait until they are 40, then sit back and declare "Success"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have just left a comment on countrykitchen (Sharon) re children, thought you might like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops read that as "myfrenchcountryhom" blogspot, anyhow have a look......have a great day celebrating "Miss 12's birthday"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...this is a stage that I have yet to embark on...but I think...the best thing to do ..or way to approach it all ..is by example.

    How often do you find yourself saying...when I was growing up..my mother used to do this...or my father would get us to do that...well..as your grow up...something must have stuck...because we look back at those moments as important ones...lessons almost..and we can only hope that our children will do the same? :) I think allowing children to find and express themselves is also a big part of them finding their way in the world..but with boundaries..which sounds contradicting...but without boundaries...how can we ever challenge ourselves ...or learn to be happy with the things we DO have.

    Great post my lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Thank you for your comments on my blog...I love your pictures! So a few days ago I blogged about how I thought parenting was like a dance. Pulling them in and letting them go..how the dance gets a bit more challenging as they grow. I have children at all different ages and stages..15,11,7 and 9 months. I've learned to not rush anything..my oldest will be off to college in 3 years. I want to slow life down..and to do that I must soak it ALL in...the good, the bad and the ugly! Just love your kids! You seem like a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. I think about these things all the time. I think we will never know the answers to all these questions we ask ourselves. But I try hard just to be me and love my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we just want oyur kids to think we are cool because we think they are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post ! just by chance found sharon's blog just last week & now found you thru pam @ views from my kitchen sink. would love if you stopped by my blog sometime...we have similar ages of kids & thoughts about parenting:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...