1.12.10

a virtual coffee & a much needed *catch-up*...

oh it's nice to be sitting back at my laptop with a cup of tea...it's icy cold outside...& i'm so glad that you've come for our *virtual coffee*...'cause i've missed having you all in my day!


i knew this would happen...just as i get you here...i lose you to my gorgeous new artwork...
so as you stand & stare at this christmas loveliness at my kitchen door...
i would tell you that my british bestie & her hubster made this for us...
oooh we love these guys...
they are do-ers!
we needed a christmas message...& they dropped it over!!!
what do you think?


so...if we were really meeting for coffee today...
you may gently remind me that we usually meet on a tuesday...
& then i would smile wide & tell you that on tuesday i was actually shopping with my gorgeous ella & my mum visiting from australia for christmas presents...
& then i would pull out all the many bags & show you everything...
& you'd probably remind me that i was not long ago...showing off that i had finished all my christmas shopping....
& then i would sigh & suggest that maybe one never finishes all their christmas shopping...
there is always one more thing that someone really needs! ;)




so after we'd oohed & aahed & discussed the oh so serious matter of gift wrapping this pile of goodies i would tell you...
that yep....snow really is falling all over england...
we have only seen a smattering, enough to get a taste of what we hope will follow...
& then i'd share a little tale of a very special place we know...
it's the *Forest of Bowland* & we have head up there each year since leaving our sandy life on the beaches of Oz....
to cut down our own christmas tree...
{i think i'd probably pause for effect there...& offer you more coffee or tea...}
& then i'd remind you that for a family of salty beach-reared sydney siders...this lovely country ritual of ours {all three christmas' old!} is like living in a story book!
& then you'd hopefully oohh a little more-just for my sake...to let me know that you get how much this means to us...
{did i mention how much i've missed you guys since last friday?!}




then you may {politely} ask me why we've had to *squeeze* into the room with the gorgeous fire going & why we've had to *squeeze* over to that pink chair i always like you to sit on....
& that would involve more fresh coffee & maybe a little *smakeral of something*...
you see, when i left my mum & our big gal catching up on the couch in front of this very same fire the other day....
they whipped up *75*....yep you heard right...*75* white christmas lanterns for me & our front windows!
they are across the entire two big bay windows...
&
they are still all over the floor...
i'm so happy with this kinda christmas project...
as it works for me on two levels....
1. i L.O.V.E white lanterns...
&
2. i need the windows cleaned!
so...at least in one room, i can now pretend i don't!


i'm just so happy to be catching up that i haven't really enquired about your windows...
or your lanterns...
or your christmas tree gathering stories...
so if we were really catching up...i'd stop talking & start nibbling for a bit, whilst listening to you & all your tales & stories...




then...i'd ask you if you could really have anything in the *whole wide world* for christmas -would it be world peace?
or just a good nights sleep...
a new coat...
or maybe a box of mangoes...
a sleigh ride with your kiddos...
or a hand drawn christmas card...?
then i'd hope we both got a little of all the things we'd hoped for....
then i'd admit i'm just as happy with the gorgeous paper-chains my kiddos made for me when we had people over for drinks last week...well almost.... ;)


if we were really having coffee i'd thank you for being a friend...
someone who brings creativity & friendship into my life...
i'd thank you for seeing who i am...
for knowing that if we *visit one another* via our blogs...
we'd *probably* be great friends in *real* life too...
& then i'd hug you before you went on your way...
past my new little christmas trees planted in old french buckets...
back out in the minus four degrees day...
into our village....



& as you were sliding down our iced front path...i'd quietly ask you if you'll wait a week longer for our next virtual coffee together, as i am taking the lovely hubster to marrakech for his 45th birthday...
45 deserves a true adventure...
i mean i don't know....i'm not nearly there yet.... ;)
but he says it deserves an adventure...
&
who am i to argue with the delights of travel & birthdays!


so thanks for the *drop-in*....
us aussies love the *drop-in*...!
thanks for hosting *virtual coffee* my dear friend amy...
{shall we all have at least one virtual vino night together, before christmas, Amy??
you can do your mulled wine for us all!!
anyone else up for it? }
& i'll see you all friday for a *friday flower*...



...happy holiday preparing....
&
...mango slurping...
or 
...sled riding...

where ever you are in the world
enjoy!

xox




25 comments:

  1. Oh, Sweetie, this is one of your best posts. Ever. Oh, and probably the longest sentence ever in the English language ☺. Gosh, you've really taken us into your world - I'm rubbing my hands over in front of the fire after just arriving. And I am totally up for a virtual vino - it sounds fab! Great minds - Mr PB and I were thinking of making the very same lanterns with the pixies this weekend. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm oohing and ahhing over the fact that you went to the Forest of Bowland for your Christmas tree - lucky you. We used to get ours from Bolton Abbey. If you get over the border to North Yorkshire it's worth a visit.
    How exciting jetting off for some birthday celebrations, enjoy. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be world peace. It seemed such a cliche statement until I had children. Now I really would wish for world peace.

    We make chains every year, too. I haven't made lanterns. Such a cool idea chica! I love seeing all your decorations. Especially since we are moving and I can't really put up decorations (just to take them down and move them out.)

    It was nice having coffee with you. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Melissa, I have no words to describe this post...it just makes me wish I was actually sitting in front of your fire chatting away to you about ...well anything and everything really:D Love your new artwork, love your lanterns and love your little Christmas trees in their buckets! Hope you are having a wonderful time with your parents. Thanks for the coffee and catch up lovely lady. HUGE hugs ~ Txx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh do I wish I was sitting having coffee or maybe a nip of wine with you!! I just LOVE your new artwork and all your Christmas decorations! Oh to be in lovely Old England for the holidays!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi miss mel, beautiful post today; how lucky you are to be able to take you littleones out into the forest to cut down your own tree! I am sure that is something they will remember for the rest of their lives! My husband makes gorgeous mulled wine, so when he gets back from up north, i might get him to do some for me and i will think of you as i am drinking!!
    not really wishing for anything this year (well, if world peace is out of the question!!) If I could have ANYTHING ; well, i am sure you know the answer to that one!!! but maybe i will settle for family peace!!! and with my family - i might actually have better luck at getting world peace!!!!!!
    Love your artwork and lanterns and paper chains! everything! Have a fabulous time in Marakech and dont forget to (be safe) and come back and tell us all about it!!! Cant wait!
    Laura xxxx

    p.s. I would absolutely be your friend in `real life` !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    We'd for sure be friends in real life...and our boys would be friends too.
    Enjoy the birthday adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi you... I actually feel as though I were there in front of your fire... slurping tea... pass me a mince pie. My Mum returns to a very snowy UK this Thursday... word from home, is that it's deep snow in my home village! If only I could sneak in her suitcase! Have you got used to a cold Christmas yet? Love the decorations! Very stylish... my little ones are really getting into the Christmas spirit, so are starting to have a say in the Christmas decor... I would describe it as busy... but lovely! Take care. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I'm ooohing and ahhhing tooo! We do so love a good old drop-in don't we- thanks for having me. That's what I would wish for, for Christmas, to be able to get my lovely friends together and jet set them over to the cold side of the world to drop-in and share a Chrissy with me - a fabulous white Christmas (just like the story books). I hope that you and your hubby have a wonderful time in Marrakech - so jealous! Enjoy : ) Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you please come by and decorate my home? I always seem to get it wrong at Christmas, going slightly overboard with the decorations. Well, at least the baby loves the sequinned penguins and the sparkly teddy bears. I know, I know, what was I thinking??!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. .... wish we could share cup together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to agree with you Melissa, it is a bit like living in a story book, especially with our village covered in snow. I look out the window and pinch myself, still can't believe we're here in the northern hemisphere about to celebrate our second xmas, with snow. Hopefully we'll have it at xmas as my daughter is comming from Aus and she will just love it! Have a great trip. Robx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snowing here this morning too. And I think we would be meeting for tea in person if not oceans apart! I'd be sharing with you how those Christmas stocking stuffers that I picked up and hid over the summer have now escaped my memory as to just WHERE I hid them...
    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your paper lanterns, paper chains, cutie tree in the bucket. I lovvvveee the keep calm art your friends made. It is the perfect message!!

    Have a great day!
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such pretty holiday inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post and I love the cosy feeling you create!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I missed you! So happy you were out shopping with your mama.

    Love the new artwork. Very apropos!

    Your white lanterns are divine!

    Have a wonderful time in Marrakech! Sounds like a wonderful place to celebrate a 45th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the cuppa and the chat. Enjoy your adventure to Marrakech, how very exciting. And please, please post a pic of those lanterns in the window, I am dying to know what you are going to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you've had fabulous visits with lots of creativity and love. That sign is fabulous as are the abundance of lanterns!

    Stay warm, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. a delightful post, so warm & inviting! it made my eyes well with tears! the photos are just so beautiful...glad that your mum is with you..and that you have such a wonderful outlook on Christmas & the hubby's bday! i think we would be friends in real life! hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your blog!! great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i wish i could do a real drop-in on you, Melissa, i would! i have to say that since i began blogging i have met some wonderful people that i consider real friends and you are one that if i could go meet anyone in "real life" i would jump at the chance to visit and chat and hang out with you. i would love to spend some time in your little world...sounds like a great time. i love the paper lanterns, that must have taken so long to make and i want to see them hanging, too. so pretty!
    what do i want for christmas? well besides a super expensive new camera lens i won't ever get.... i just want to have a happy, peaceful and calm holiday with my family and for everyone i know and care about to have the same. that's all, i would be so happy with that.
    virtual vino sounds perfect...you know i am not going to turn down a glass! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Melissa! LOVED catching
    up with you and had to
    come over and squeal and
    ooh and aah because your
    lovely parcel arrived just
    yesterday!!! What a treat.
    What a special little gift,
    well, gifts! I will write
    you more, later, but right
    now I am off....busy, busy
    days at least through early
    next week. But, it's all
    wonderful : )
    Happy Weekend!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you've been a very busy bee! Hope you are having a great time with your family and enjoying the chance to spend time with them for the Christmas festivities. - Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. How pleasant to drop by and see the artwork I designed be framed up so prettily! So glad you enjoyed it!! :)

    Jessica
    http://craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...