15.9.11

chippy chairs...roses & late summer sunshine...


it's back...a little pre-autumn sunshine...

i love the that moment, at the end of an crazy busy morning...

groceries stacked in the back of the people mover...

P.O & banking done...computer ink sorted for the kiddos homework...

village local food market in the back of my mind for before school pick-up...

that moment...when i just stop with a cup of tea...a bunch of *chuck-it-in-with-the-shopping-roses*...and all my chippy bits in the garden...& some blessed sunshine...


i truly thought we'd seen the last of it for a while...i'd even changed my birky's for ballet slippers...

but we are being blessed with another late late late summer early autumn dose of it...

warm enough to open all the windows & doors...heaven for this aussie girl...

so...tea in hand...groceries chucked in the kitchen for the maid later...

i just played around in the sunshine...with the camera...& enjoyed the moment...

i've been up here in the north for long enough to realise that it ain't gonna last baby!



it's ok to put things on hold for a little heart warming...make-me-a-happy-mamma sunshine isn't it?

i mean i have lugged & carried & shopped & cooked & planned the entire day from sun up, till we hit 7:15 tonight & the last bambino has been collected from her last extra curricular activity for the day...

the moment when i pour myself a big glass of french vino...

so...really a little chippy chair loving & playing with flowers in the sunshine is a pretty tame vice...

wouldn't you think?


you know i'm in my de-crappifying  sorting the house mode...

so it's good for me to get outside and just smell the roses ;)

to leave the *god-where-does-all-this-stuff-come-from* piles inside blocking the doorway...

to have just a little downtime...you know, get my enthusiasm back to unpack the shopping i just lugged...

i'd really rather just finish my sewing & sit in the sun...

curse me!

life is sometimes too full- or maybe i just need more time...hours...hands...!?


 so...i'm thinking a little balance today is what i need...


i'm on a roll & then come 8 o'clock i'm being put to bed by the kids...

not a cool look...makes me seem a little errrr...old apparently!

who taught those children to have opinions!

so...just for a bit i'm getting a good dose of northern english countryside sunshine...

just what this beach-reared mama needs...



hope you're getting out in it

playing with flowers

loving your old bits ;)

&

enjoying the moment

xxx
melissa


10 comments:

  1. beautiful pics, melissa. enjoy every minute of sunshine, 'decrappifying' can wait.

    could your playroom be any sweeter? the very definition of a perfectly appointed playroom. i'm thinking i need to a closer look at that darling little dollhouse. when can we set up a playdate?

    xo
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back from pick-up, been cleaning out the storage space, lots and lots of junk....
    Perhaps you put me on to decrappify? Because I started after reading your cleaning out playroom... indeed, where is all this stuff coming from?? Later baby!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pictures!
    Funny - we are quite the opposite with our weather. It's been hot hot hot! In the high 90's and today it all the sudden cooled off. It's breezy and actually feels like fall for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers darling....have a nice weekend....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa - my goodness I know what you mean by those piles of stuff that are everywhere!! What is the deal? I am drowning in paper. No matter how many times I clear it all. I'm noticing whilst I am not working that there are moments in the day where I get this satisfied feeling that I have got some stuff done for the greater good. It might just mean that family life runs more smoothly but even that is a blessing. Lovely pictures here today...may that autumn sun stay and stay. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have a laugh and a coffee with the girls then home to create and decrappify. Happy cleaning from across the ocean. deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos have me swooning. And your 'de-crappifying' has me laughing. That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melissa, Just been catching up and loving your roses shots. More than that though I've been swooning over the fabulous high ceilings and windows in the playroom. It was always on my list of dreams in a house and fortunatley I found a house with just what I wanted too. The window isn't as impressive as yours but I love the space. Guess what - I also have a big old globe hanging in there and a map, but ours is of the UK! There's an old school desk with a jug of pencils on it, oh and a million other thigs stuffed into every corner that is in dire need of a clear out.
    Make the most of the lovely Autumn sunshine.
    Have a great weekend.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, you can transport me anytime like this, Miss Melissa. Just fabulous. And have you used your trusty Rustoleum on that wire basket? I still have to hunt some down...J x

    ReplyDelete
  10. We lost our summer sunshine, and I'm hoping it's temporary. But when that happens my hubby and I always go get coffee and go antique shopping. So that's my plan for today.

    Oh and I did post part 2 of the camping article. I put the BEST of the camping pictures in that post. You should go take a look at it Melissa......I would love for you to see my bay, and my mountain.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...