22.1.10

Happy Australia Day!






So it's been a huge few weeks with unwell kids- feels like an understatement!
BUT...it is Friday.......and in our house, no matter where we are living- this has always been called "Fun Friday" by the kids and I waiting for R to get home at the end of a long week.......

Fun Friday involves lots of music, lots of dancing, a bit of healthy competition on the dance floor and of course some good white wine from my side of the world- Marlborough from New Zealand........this has pretty much been our ritual for as long as I can remember... we've danced in our various gardens in Sydney- and now our space in Lytham- summer can be seriously noisy in our yard!

It's super Fun Friday today as we are awaiting our lovely London friends- and do they have the moves! It's also Australia day this weekend so in honour of all things Australian {Aussie}- I thought you should have a peek at my home town- Manly, Sydney, Australia...... www.manlyaustralia.com.au

Key things on an Australia Day weekend involve friends, bbq's, beer, cricket, Kookaburra's, Sydney Harbour, Lamingtons, Green and yellow jelly cups topped with Australian flags and plastic spoons and of course.......a swim! So to all our friends & family at home Happy Australia Day!

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Miss Sew & So, we're so excited about Australia Day over here!... I've just stocked up on Aussie hats & flags at the $2 shop & we're planning a surf and a barbie on our nations special day... I will definitely be making patriotic jelly in honour of you! Wish you were here... it's been beautiful & stinking hot! Love it!
    PS. Those banana muffins look like they could take on my Nana's recipe .. let's have a "muffin off" when you're in town next!
    Cheers Teen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Australia Day to you too. I had a great day as I am sure you did. Thanks for dropping by Beach Vintage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...