16.3.10

...ooh what a boot sale haul!

...so my boot sale crawl this weekend has been pretty nice i have to say...

...the beginning of spring is bringing back car boot sales to my part of the world- & i am one happy sunday morning camper due to it!...


...yesterday morning was the beginning of sunday junking for me...& my kids...the lovely husband just enjoys the 'finds' & perhaps the moments of sunday morning quiet...

...off to a little village to drink tea & early morning cake in a lovely old hall...alas nothing... but it did give us a gorgeous drive in the countryside before anyone else was up...& that in itself is pretty special...

...off to the outskirts of our little town & i knew there would be something that needed to come home with us as i got talking to one of the old boot car stall holders...he had a mirror for £3 that had my name all over it..


 


...i'm thinking it would look amazing with big white candles sitting on it on our dinning table on a summers night..
...what do you think?...


...then sitting in a box with a zillion other teacups & saucers were these stunners...
...i can never say no to anything blue, green, white or quirky...these covered green & quirky...
...there was only 5 pieces of what would have been a lovely teaset but i'll throw them together with other odd pieces...for £2 it would have been wrong not to take them!

...then we heard 'whispers' of a 'well big' boot sale at the top o' the motorway...
...this always makes me giggle as it's said in such a way that you don't dare even ask for directions!
...so i found what i now realise is referred to as the top o' the motorway...
& my happy happy find..a big serving plate...
...blue & white..& perfect...


...this of course led me to the set of 6 silver spoons for £1...
the little glass sugar & mild set for £2
...& the little silver frame for 50 pence...
happy days!



...the last £1 i just had to find something a little special...
...for the husband- two little metal trucks at 50 pence a pop...



...would you not have had a happy boot sale morning with this haul?

...off to give another coat to that french outdoor table i swapped for strings of lovely bunting...
...can't wait to show you how it looks...

...happy monday to you all...

...ohhh & i almost forgot the best thing about countryside car boot sales- the local produce that sneaks in...
...how good is this big ol' brown bag of local spuds...for a whole £1.75...


...as i said...happy happy days...

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah for car boot sales. The perfect place to go for books as our local charity shops charge around £3 a book and I know it's for charity, but I really don't have much money to spare.

    Have you ever been a seller? I did twice and both times ended up selling loads of brand new stuff for a pittance. I think I came away with less money than I started with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks so much for your lovely comment over on my blog, it was great to hear from you.

    I did a quick search on t'internet for vintage sales in your neck of the woods and I drew a complete blank, I'm afraid. I also racked my brains and tried a few leads I could think of and again, came up with nothing. It's such a pity there isn't anything vintage fair like where you are. Perhaps you should start one? The Vintage and Handmade Fair, Homespun etc fairs here in the south/southwest are really popular. Sorry I haven't been much help! You do have the best car boots up north though...very envious of your gorgeous finds! Katie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...