1.11.11

coastal farming inspired...a beach gal & a hessian farm sack...


when we first moved to england from australia...we were amazed at the *stuff* we managed to 

find at car boot sales...in local markets & at charity shops...

i must admit, i did have a crazy huge small list of goodies that i hoped to come across & take back 

to our beach house in Oz someday...

anything {chippy}...{old & washed up}...{vintage & handmade}...or my fave {china} was 

snapped up & added to our lovely big old english country house...

our house became our home...




i love so much of our life here in the english countryside...


once a month our little town square holds a wonderful local produce market...

there is a new stall there that i have been coveting for a while...& the prices are amazingly cheap...

i still think that's the aussie in me, as anything truly vintage, english or european in australia, still seems 

to cost a small fortune...





since discovering the world of blogging- that list i mentioned of essential, longed for, hoped for 


english / european goodies grew ridiculously a little...


as did my desire for all things farm like...growing up on the beaches, but now living in the countryside, i

am wanting to mix the two sides of our life...*coastal farming* inspired...

these gorgeous blogs from around the globe fuelled new interests in things i couldn't hope to discover in 

my local suburb on sydney's beaches...

the prairie gals- american bloggers such as {dreamy whites} got me hooked on all things hessian & 

farm orientated...

i have been on the hunt for a little bit of prairie for a while now...

i was smiling big when i found this hessian grain sack, from an english farm, at our village market...

£8 of pure heaven...



i have wanted an old hessian farm sack for so long now...coveting them on ebay from the States...


i can't tell you how excited i was...a bag of local produce & a hessian wall hanging...

i have a thing for {wall hangings}...alternate artwork...a little bit of history captured on your wall...





i am so happy that my hessian wall hanging, inspired by the american gals who's blog i love, was 


actually found locally though...


cause the thing about cruising ebay looking for hessian wall hangings from old farms, is that you


may find some other little treasure that you didn't realise you desperately needed...


i never realised that i soo needed a pile of old fabric french numbers...

desperately needed it seems...!




back in Oz...my list never actually had *old-hessian-farm-bag-for-the-wall*...


nor *vintage-fabric-french-numerals-for-cushions* on it...


but that is the beauty of travel...& local monthly markets...& ebay...

with autumn upon us...& this being the last day of half tern holiday for the kids- these little finds are

going to inspire me this week...

we've had a few big decisions to make lately...these are another whole blog post people, man life can

make you work hard at times...

but for this week, i'm going to slow down a little & love my latest finds...

*coastal farming inspired*- it may catch on!?




i've just seen the latest copy of the {mollie makes}

gals- it is gorgeous!

i wish i could post you all one

i truly do- from the photography to the flippin adverts-it's all inspiration!

but this one's going to Miss.Amanda from {small acorns}

~~~

email me miss.A
xox

~~~

PS

Welcome all you newbies to Miss Sew & So

I'll be round to say hi to you all at yours this week!

xx




12 comments:

  1. "coastal farming" - so perfect! I too have a love of vintage farmhouse inspired things but also love that coastal look for my home too. I have been combining the two for a while now, but never could figure out exactly what to call it! Now i have a name for it!

    love from your friend in coastal farming,
    alima ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    Sarah sent us over to see your blog and now we see why...it's lovely. And what a great find. We look forward to seeing what you do with it.

    We've signed up to follow you.

    The Relics Team x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coastal farming, it has a good ring to it. Nice find with the sack and the tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous post, Miss Melissa. I imagine you will miss finding all those fabulous treasures back here. But Etsy could be a good substitute, I guess. And a warm congrats to sweet Amanda. I'm off to read my latest MM now! J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love those french numbers, too. and yes, you definitely needed those...can't wait to see what you do with them. and i love the old farm sack. have a great day, melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say 'Hi' ~ discovered your blog recently and have enjoyed your words and pictures ~ thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Miss Melissa - my heart just skipped a beat as I read my name at the bottom of your gorgeous post (which has just become even more gorgeous, and yes, I have good reason to be biased!) How lucky am I!!!!
    I was so busy sighing over your french number tape, and thinking that yes, that's the kind of thing that I never knew I needed either, and thinking I needed to get my old french flour sack out of the cupboard, and agreeing with you that 'vintage' here also often means overpriced too. Thanks for pulling my name from the sack! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Amanda! And I am falling for your coastal farming theme, great name choice!
    Have to say, love where your blog is going lately, it reads as if we are sitting in the pink chair and chatting away.... I know your beach house will one day (hopefully not too soon?) look amazing with all your European goodies in it.
    Now I will have to start my search for MM, even for a sewing challenged girl like me it's a must have, hugs from me to you!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sacks are amazing... I have a few myself... I made one into a satchel with a contrasting floral ruffle and it is now a favourite!!
    I am off to download Mollie Makes! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa, I love those farm sacks...how terrific that you actually found some locally...another great momento to take home someday. I have a couple and when I can bear to cut them up they utterly transform a chair or a cushion cover. The French tape is amazing...I actually found some with my initials in Brussels...should have bought more but the lady was selling it by the initial...and I did have hubby with me!! Robx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent site you have got here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing like yours these days. I truly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    Stop by my webpage :: Sharecash

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...